With just a month to go it’s time for another York Rally update! We’ve plenty to get through so please read on for more details on the following:
- 2019 badges are now here! Pick yours up at the Rally or order online.
- Children’s activities – boosted for 2019 with a treasure hunt and the return of Punch & Judy!
- A new band for Saturday night, as long-serving favourites The Foresters have retired…
- Good news for vegans – and also for those arriving on Friday…
- The Quiz on Friday night – tables are going fast so book now for your team!
- Rally round-up – Sportive, thank you to Villages Guides, thank you to Tandem Club, a reminder to bring cycling donations, Audax entries open (also for a new shorter ride), and a new Retro Ride coming up…
2. Children’s activities
We’re boosting the free activities for children at the Rally – on and off the bike. First we have a new Treasure Hunt for secret stones. Then there’s the welcome return of Wildlife Activities from Yorkshire Wildlife Trust, and also the return of Punch and Judy. Plus the Grand Parade and opportunities to race – click below to read all the details!
3. A new band
After many years (decades?) of dedicated service at the Rally, we are sad to announce that The Foresters (pictured) have finally decided to retire. So the live music on Saturday evening will be from a versatile new band with a country music background – please do make them welcome! Rock and roll band The Sonics will also be back on Saturday morning…
4. Catering update
We always try to get a good varierty of catering outlets at the Rally, but it’s often been hard to book vegetarian and vegan options on what is a busy summer weekend. So we’re delighted that for 2019 we have booked Mio Pizza, a local wood-fired pizza specialist. And even better, their offerings include a full vegan menu (PDF)!
They, and other outlets including the Brew York bar, will be open from when gates open on Friday evening. Please do stay on site to eat if you can – the Rally benefits from a percentage of your spend, and it means we can better attract vendors next year!
5. The new Friday evening quiz
Tables are booking up for the new cycling and general knowledge quiz on Friday evening! Book your team’s entry now. Teams will have a table each (for up to six players) and as there’s finite space in the Lounge marquee numbers are strictly limited. Team entries cost £10 and are open now for online booking – also on the day if there are tables still available. The quiz will start at 7:30 PM. For all the details, and bookings, see: http://yorkrally.org/quiz/
6. Rally round-up
Please do book anything you can online ahead of the Rally – this really does help reduce the pressure on our volunteers on the day, and helps us plan. So please do book your campsite pitch, saddlebag sale table, quiz team table, and order any badges or clothing in good time – thank you in advance!
All online bookings will close on the Monday (17th June) before the Rally.
Thank you again for your support of the York Rally – we’re already looking forward to seeing many of you in June!
With best regards,
The York Rally Team