This is an archived page from the 2015 York Rally website. Please use the website menus to find current pages! Or, return to the archived 2015 website homepage…
A full programme of events, displays and activities is being organised for the York Rally – the aim is to have interesting activities going on throughout the event.
Activities confirmed so far:
- Both days: National Series grasstrack racing in the central arena.
- Both days: a wide selection of rides. See the Rides page for the full list.
- Both days: the trade show will bring together a wide range of quality cycle suppliers. A full exhibitor list is here and info for potential traders/exhibitors is here.
- Both days: the Pedal Power Invention Convention will be in full swing! Pedal a generator, check out a cargo bike and more!
- Both days: we have a children’s drawing competition – visit Rally HQ to enter. All entries win prizes! Hand in entries by Sunday 12PM, prize giving Sunday 1PM, all at Rally HQ.
- Both days: please take great pictures of the Rally and send them in after the event for our photo competition!
- From early morning, there’s a car boot sale just a few hundred yards from the Rally. Not an official Rally activity, but popular with many! More details here.
- Trade show open: 10:30 AM to 6 PM.
- 12:30-1:30: Storyteller Roop Singh will be recounting tales from his LEJOG ride, in the seating area in the Lounge marquee. There may be additional performances on Sunday: watch noticeboards for details. More here.
- Saturday from 1 PM: the Auction Sale is your chance to sell, or buy, a pre-owned cycling treasure!
- Saturday evening: live entertainment from popular folk band The Foresters (see http://tinyurl.com/ljv6ptj)!
- Sunday, leaving 8:45 AM: An all age worship service with a Father’s Day theme will take place at St Matthew’s, Naburn, at 9:30 AM. A ride to the church will leave the Knavesmire at 8:45. There will be a marshalled ride back after the service.
- Sunday from 10 AM: Yorkshire Cyclo-Cross Association racing in the Eleconline Summer Series. The current plan is:
- Trade show open: 10:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Sunday from 11 AM: The much loved Saddlebag Sale cycle jumble returns – sell your stuff, or scout around the tables for a secondhand bargain! Full details are here.
- 2PM: Billie Fleming Tribute Ride presentation. Dave Barter will be giving a presentation in the talks area of the Lounge Marquee about the Billie Fleming Tribute Ride and other high-mileage records. More here.
Displays confirmed so far:
- The National Clarion Cycling Club 1895 will be there with a stand to spread their message of cycling fellowship.
- The British Human Power Club hope to bring Guy Martin’s record breaking streamlined two-seater, as seen on TV, to display along with their other racing recumbents : visit their website.
- The Billie Fleming Tribute Ride will be giving a presentation and inviting riders to join them. In 1938 Billie Fleming rode 29,603 miles around the UK and set the women’s record for distance cycled in a single year: find them on Facebook.
- The Northern Counties Veteran & Classic Cycle Club will be back with an extensive display of vintage cycles: visit their website.
- The Tricycle Association will be there with a stand about all things three wheeled: visit their website.
- The RSF Off-Road Cycling Club (Rough-Stuff Fellowship), the nationwide club for riders who enjoy a mix of on and off road cycling, will be there! See their website!
- Many more to come!
We are delighted to invite grassroots cycling clubs, special interest groups and organisations to exhibit FREE OF CHARGE at the 2015 Rally. If your club or group would like to take advantage of the event, please see see the ‘Cycle organisation information’ page for full details.