Thanks to everyone who turned up for our May meeting earlier today!
It was a busy meeting with lots of detail to sort out. We’ll just have one more meeting before the Rally…
- Masses of rides have been firmed up (still a few to go) – with
special thanks to Sustrans for organising many family friendly rides. See here for the full list.
- We’re up to 14 confirmed exhibitors, with more in the pipeline! All are now listed on the website with logos and links. Many thanks to all of these companies for their support.
- We now have a dedicated mobile phone number for the Rally – this will be manned throughout the event so please use it if you have any queries on the day, or indeed before.
York Rally mobile: 0746 732 1443
- Unfortunately our bid for National Lottery support was not
successful, but the feedback we received will be very useful if we apply again in future years.
- Badges have been ordered, and as soon as stocks arrive they will be available on the merchandise page.
Also a few items on the publicity front:
- Thanks to everyone who helped at the Tour de Yorkshire distributing leaflets and manning the stand! We handed out several thousand leaflets through the day…
- A big thanks to Lancashire Cycle Link, the Facebook group, who have kindly promoted the Rally several times now to their thousands of members.
- We have a variety of updated posters, cards etc. for you to download and print on the downloads page. All help spreading the word is much appreciated!
Almost finally, a note that various deadlines are approaching:
- Advance campsite bookings end 1st June! Book in advance to get reduced prices, and to use the fast-track queue when you arrive!
- Any orders for York Rally clothing which you would like to pick up at the Rally most also be ordered by the 1st June! Volunteers can order at cost price – but the same deadline applies!
- Any company or organisation wishing to advertise in the show programme should contact our Trade Co-ordinator ASAP, because the deadline for including ad copy is also the 1st June 2015.
- Our next meeting is a final, on-site meeting. So we will be meeting on the Knavesmire at the lock-up (near the toilets at the end of Ebor Way) at 10 AM on the 6th June. All are welcome!